Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Summer Squash Pumpkin Applesauce Almond Muffins

I put together this recipe weeks ago when I had some summer squash in a Bountiful Basket.  I have made them twice again since then.  They are super delicious and super healthy.  I combined a few different recipes and swapped out some of the oil for apple sauce and the vanilla for almond extract.  I even used some whole wheat flour to make them extra healthy.  In any event if you make these, they won't last long.  At least they don't around our house.  In fact, this lonesome guy is the only one left for me to take a picture of.  I think I will eat him right now.  With butter.


Summer Squash Pumpkin Applesauce Almond Muffins

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1 t. pure almond extract
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cloves
1 c. grated summer squash
1 c. pumpkin puree
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour

Bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean.  Probably 20-30 minutes.  I didn't time it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...