Monday, February 16, 2015

February 7-13: A party, a pinata and some really nice weather

February 7.  Saturday was a fun day.  It started with lots of jobs because the boys are working towards some new toys.  In the afternoon we got to go to Oliver's birthday party.  Oliver is Kimball's best friend and our neighbor.  The party was at Jungle Jim's.  We had a blast!






On Saturday night the kids got baths.  They looked like little ducks huddled before the space heater.  


Each night after we say prayers I try to read to them in the Book of Mormon.  Saturday night we were reading in 3rd Nephi where Christ tells the people that contention is of the Devil.  Kimball asked what that meant and I explained.  I took the opportunity to engage in a little religious manipulation and told the kids (Stan specifically) that when they trow tantrums they are listening to the Devil.  I let that sink in and kissed them goodnight.

The following morning I was trying to heard the kids out the door to church.  Stan was trying to zip his jacket and was having some difficulty.  This kind of thing usually elicits screaming yelling and a trantrum.  (Stan does not deal well with frustration).  I could see his was grunting and trying hard not to lose it.  I asked if he could help and he told me he didn't want to yell because "I don't want to listen to that guy."

Of course, now he takes every opportunity to tell me each time I yell, that I am listening to the Devil.

February 8.  On Sunday we celebrated Bryce's birthday.  I made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and decorated it with his favorite candy bar--Twix.



On the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house Stan insisted on wearing his new rubber gloves.  We got them so he could help clean toilets.


These boys love their daddy.


After dinner the kids helped Grandpa put the 4 wheelers away.

February 9.  Bryce's real birthday.  Sadly there are no pictures.

February 10.  On Tuesday after school Oliver invited us over to open the pinata from his birthday party.  (There just wasn't time on Saturday.) 




February 11.  The weather was so nice on Wednesday we spent some time digging in the garden and playing on the swings.  For dinner I made Thai Chicken Rolls.  This was my attempt to feed the craving for the Thai Chicken Pizza from Papa Murphy's.





February 12.  On Thursday it was Stan's Valentine's party at preschool.  Sadly I did not think to take a picture.  However, this was the first day all year that he was excited to go to school.  Most days I have to drag him.  He even wrote a song about it that goes "Except I don't want to.  But I have to!  It's a school day!"  If you want to hear it you can click HERE.



On Thursday evening some of the girls in the neighborhood had a girl's night.  There are some really great women that live on my street.  We got together and played games and had a mini shower for Veronica who is due this next week.  One of the games we played is called Googly Eyes.  It's like Pictionary with glasses that distort your vision.  


Also, on Thursday evening Bryce called me to tell me that I had purchased movie tickets for the wrong day.  We had been planning to go out for Valentine's Day on Friday but I bought tickets for Thursday night.  We called the theater and they graciously exchanged them, but that wasn't the end of this fateful date.

February 13.  Friday, Kimball had his Valentine's party at school.  I forced him to share his candy with his siblings.  I'm a horrible mother.


Friday evening we gave the kids their Valentines from us just before we picked up the sitter.  They got stuffed slugs from the show "Slugterra."  They have been obsessed with it ever since they were introduced to it by the cousins.  Well, the boys anyway.  Abby prefers Chuggington.


So Bryce and I were off on our movie date with the exchanged tickets.  What you need to know is that I had decided to purchase tickets for Thanksgiving Point.  The reason for this  was that the times were a bit earlier so we didn't have to stay out as late.  What I did not factor into the equation was traffic--and not the usual traffic.  The radio said it was the worst Friday rush hour traffic ever.  It took us an hour to get to the movie.  We missed the one we wanted to see--Jupiter Ascending--and had to see another--Project Almanac--instead.  Bryce was disappointed.  We had fun, but all in all, I did a horrible job planning that date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...