Monday, November 17, 2014

November 8-14: Sick Little Ones

November 8.  Saturday morning I got up early to can some green tomato salsa with a couple of friends.  We were able to make 13 pints and split them up.  Canning is so much more fun with girl talk and I can't wait to enjoy the sauce--green enchiladas, sweet pork tacos.  I am sure I can come up with some yummy things.


Saturday afternoon was unseasonably warm.  We had our neighbors over and played outside for a while.


November 9.  Saturday night Kimball had a fever and by Sunday morning, Abby had one.  Bryce stayed home with the kids while I enjoyed church by myself.  I taught a lesson in Sunday School on Jeramiah.

November 10.  With all three having fevers at some point in the previous 24 hours it was a sick day at our house.  We made a turkey project from the dollar store in the afternoon.



November 11.  Kimball still had a mild temperature on Tuesday morning so it was another sick day.  Trying to work from home with sick kids is not easy.  We still managed to find time to make crayons in the oven.  I saw something online to use cookie cutters and tinfoil.  I do not recommend this.  The small muffin tin, however, was a success.




Abby had the highest fever and with too many naps was up late.  She finally crashed in daddy's arms.


November 12.  Fortunately we were back at school by Wednesday.  Mom was ready to get back to our schedule.  Dad was working late so we made a trip to the toy store to see what we might want to request from Santa for Christmas.





Abby also discovered the fun that can be had with the flour drawer and a teaspoon.


November 13.  On Thursday I chopped my hair.  Unfortunately this was the best picture I could take.


November 14.  Friday there was no school so we spent the morning at home making doll clothes.



We ended the week by going to perform sealings in the Salt Lake temple with our ward.  I love being in the temple.  And the new dressing rooms were nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...