Thursday, March 6, 2014

January 1-7: The First Week of the New Year!

It seems fitting that if I am going to start this project late that I play a little catch up.

We celebrated the new year Ukrainian style at the home of some neighbors of Bryce's parent's, Liz and Alex Kopaigora.  Alex is from Ukraine and Liz is sisters with the wife of one of Bryce's cousins.  It was super fun to try duck and Ukrainian dumplings.  We made some new friends and had a nice time even if we called it a night long before the the actual new year.
Two of my monkeys on New Year's Day.

The second of January is Abby's birthday.  It's so hard to believe that she is ONE!  We celebrated by taking her to have a photo shoot at Camera Shy in Lehi.  They turned out so darling.  I wish I could post them all.









We waited until Sunday to have cake and ice cream for Abby's birthday so we could do it with some family around.  My parents and Charlotte's family were able to make it to Ed and Cyndy's.  Abby was so funny.  She didn't know what to do when she saw that brightly colored cupcake in front of her.  After a small pause she finally stuck her mouth on it.  I think she enjoyed it more after I cut it into small pieces.  (And yes, I bought her cake rather than making it.  What can I say?  She's a third child.)





My parents gave Abby a box of tissues.  She thoroughly enjoyed taking them out one at a time.  What a perfect gift for a busy one year old.  Ed and Cyndy had already given Abby the cute blue jumper with the hot pink accents that she wore to her photo shoot.  All in all, it was a good birthday.  We feel so lucky to have Abby in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...