Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hash Browns in the Waffle Iron



I don't know if any of you have seen this on Pinterest, but it's the simple idea of cooking hash browns in a waffle iron.  I decided to give it a try.  I used dehydrated hasbrowns for the experiment since we have those on hand.  I also decided to pour a little oil in the pan so they would be nice and crispy.  They turned out delicious and were 10 times easier than frying them in the pan because I didn't have to flip them!  Total success.  I will definitely be doing this again.

2 comments:

  1. I have got to try this. Would it work with fresh potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe it would. But if you want crispy hash browns then I suggest after shredding them to wring them in a clean dish town to get out as much moisture as you can.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...