Friday, August 3, 2012

Granola in the Crock Pot

Thanks to Pinterest, I have discovered that there are a few unusual uses for my crock pot.  Yesterday, I saw this pin for granola in the crock pot and decided to give it a try.





I used my own recipe which you can find here (but I did add the salt to the syrup).  It filled the whole crock pot.  After reading the instructions I found by following the links in the pin I was a bit overly concerned about burning it.  I left it in for 2 and a half hours and guess what?  It's chewy!  Sure it taste's delicious, but who likes chewy granola?

So here's the verdict.  My recipe needs more time in the crock.  I do think I'm inclined to try this again because it means I don't have to wash two large cookie sheets and one big bowl, none of which fit in my dishwasher and usually sit on my counter for three days before I get around to washing them.

Oh, and I did take a picture of the granola in the crock but it looked so much like the one above I didn't bother uploading it.  Just picture a cream colored crock and no holes in the spoon and then you'll see what mine looked like.

8 comments:

  1. I tried granola in the crock pot once and burned it. Glad you had better luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Sad. Although is chewy really better than burnt?

      Delete
  2. I've made granola in the crock pot and it was delish! You've probably already seen this website, but I love to look here for ideas. :) www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wasted way too much time on that site. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Well chewy is better than burnt! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Project Pinterest, btw, I think of you everytime I see a project on Pinterst for entertaining children, lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, that's so funny that you think of me when it comes to entertaining kids. I confess that Pinterest is my main source of inspiration when it comes to kids. So thanks!

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm...this looks pretty darn good! I might just have to try it. We love granola! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find the happy medium between chewy granola and burnt granola. Thanks for hosting the link party.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...